Wednesday, December 10, 2014

{The Holiday Season: Delicious Gifts}

One of my most favorite things to do during the holidays is to bake, which really is one of my most favorite things to do any time of year.  A couple of years ago, my husband and I thought it would be fun to send our families (who all lived in other states at the time) sweetly wrapped boxes of our favorite Christmas cookies and treats.
http://liebesbotschaft.blogspot.de/2011/12/baking-party.html
{Photo Credit: Liebesbotschaft Blog}
The little special twist we added to the gift is that we sent a combination of our favorite treats that we each grew up traditionally having during the holidays.  So my family ended up with a box of some of our own favorite family treats mixed with a few of my husband's favorite family treats (which were completely new to my family) and we did the same for his family.  It was a fun way for us to celebrate our family traditions and recipes and honor the blending of our families too.  We enjoyed putting these boxes of happiness together for those we loved, and I think they were pretty well received too!
Sweet Paul Magazine Recipes
{Sweet Paul Magazine's Chocolate Chili Icebox Cookies - DELICIOUS!}
If your putting together homemade gifts this year, I hope it is a sweet time for you as you select and prepare what your making and thinking of those on the receiving end of your homemade delights. You can find Kraft Paper Bags and adorable Gift Boxes at your local craft shops along with a huge selection of festive ribbons and bows.  I have also included here a few of my favorite packages and bows for homemade treats and some recipe links too that I am hoping to add to my repertoire this year.  Happy baking and making this holiday season!
Seasons and Suppers Holiday Baking
{Chocolate Dipped Hazelnut & Cocao Nib Sandies - photo, idea, & recipe courtesy of Seasons & Suppers}
Fried Herbed Almonds, Evermine Blog
{Fried Herbed Almonds - Photo & Idea Courtesy of Evermine Blog}
Will Cook for Friends Homemade Vanilla Extract
{Homemade Vanilla Extract - photo & idea courtesy of Will Cook for Friends}
Herb Honeys, Not Quite Nigella
{Herb Honeys - photo, idea, & recipe courtesy of Not Quite Nigella}

Shop Terrain Weck Jars
{Terrain's Weck Jar Sets - perfect for Jams, Chutneys, and Salts}
Knot and Bow Twine & Parcel Tags
{Knot and Bow's Glitter Red Twine & Parcel Tags - perfect for finishing touches!}

For more ideas on Holiday Treats and Delicious Gifts, follow me over on Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment