Wednesday, December 17, 2014

{The Holiday Season: Last Minute Gifts}

With Christmas only being a week away (what?!), I know there are several of us who are or will be searching for those last minute gifts, stocking stuffers, or both.  Well, I just thought that I would suggest some places to shop for those last minute gifts and stocking stuffers instead of recommending specific items.  Here at the Olive Basket, my goal has been to bring attention, exposure, and some local love to local boutiques that are in the area.  I have focused a lot on the area that I live in currently because I have just had so much fun exploring my new surroundings and discovering all the unique boutiques that abound in Central Texas.  My hope with all of my posts is to bring these unique and lovely places that inspire me to you in hopes that you might visit these fabulous boutiques and be inspired too.
Restylesource
{Find a directory of your local shops @ Restylesource}
So, during this season of hustle and bustle and last minute gift pick-ups, I would like to encourage you to shop your local boutiques for those last minute finds.  Your local shops will have the BEST selection and the most unique selection and they will provide the most personal and relaxed service you can find this time of year.  So even though you are picking up your gifts last minute, your recipients will appreciate the one-of-a-kindness of their gift, and your local shops will truly appreciate your support and your business.  So, here is a selection of some of my very favorite local shops here in Central Texas, but also in my hometown of Evergreen, CO, and my nearby home-city of Denver.  Please check them out if you live in one of these areas, and if you don't, explore and find some of your local boutiques that are sure to be a hop, skip, and a jump away.  Happy Local Shopping!!!!

{Side Note: All the photos in this post are directly from the shops and resources listed - click on their links under their pictures to go directly to their Facebook Pages}

My Favorite Boutiques in Central Texas:
The Nest Box, Taylor TX
{The Nest Box - Taylor, TX}
Cherry Tree Creative Taylor TX
{Cherry Tree Creative - Taylor, TX}
Fourth Street Bakery Lexington, TX
{Fourth Street Bakery - Lexington, TX}
Petals Ink Austin TX
{Petals, Ink - Austin, TX}
Spice Village Waco TX
{Spice Village - Waco, TX}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Favorite Boutiques in Evergreen, CO 
(my hometown!): 
The Comfortable Home Evergreen CO
{The Comfortable Home - Evergreen, CO}

Rustic Point Evergreen CO
{Rustic Point - Evergreen, CO}

Mountain Daisy Evergreen CO
{Mountain Daisy - Evergreen, CO}

Nellybelle Evergreen CO
{Nellybelle General Store - Evergreen, CO}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Favorite Boutiques in Denver, CO (my home-city!):
Old Glory Antiques Denver CO
{Old Glory Antiques - Denver, CO}

The Perfect Petal Denver CO
{The Perfect Petal - Denver, CO}

No comments:

Post a Comment